Java Developer IoT (m/f)
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. With its three internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridonic and Zumtobel, and its brands, acdc, Reiss and Zumtobel Group Services the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive range of products and services.
Are you a PASSIONATE Java Developer looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answer to the questions is yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic is recruiting for a Java Developer to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. The Centre of Competence will enable the company to react to current market trends towards Smart Lighting, Connected Solutions and IoT. While the lighting industry is facing a digital transformation and a very competitive market environment, software-oriented services and solutions are gaining more importance. Tridonic will invest in this fast growing business area in order to continue producing innovative and technological superior products and solutions.
You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
The Software Centre will employ 25 software engineers within the current financial year, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years
As a Java Developer you will be part of the Tridonic IoT team responsible for building a world-class IoT edge server which will be on-premise and coordinate communication between all devices and the IoT cloud platform.
You will support the existing connecDIM gateway and utilize key learnings as you build the next generation net4more link server.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Support the implementation of high quality software components for on-premise server supporting management, control and firmware updates of thousands of connected devices
- Develop and support a high quality and easy to use WebSocket API so 3rd party application developers can utilize the data and events in Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Assist the adoption of best-in-class software development practices, frameworks and tools
- Work closely with senior developers and architects to translate overall architecture and requirements into well designed and implemented software components
- Participate in software design reviews
- Write unit and functional tests for your code and contribute to test automation and continuous integration and deployment processes
You should hold a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or in a related field and candidates should have previous experience of working in Java Development with expertise in multi-threading concepts and network programming, experience utilizing common frameworks like Jetty and GSON and experience documenting, developing and testing REST and WebSocket APIs. You will be familiar with common IoT application layers (LWM2M, DotDot, OpenAIS and comfortable working in a Linux environment.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact – and build the career you’re proud of.