Software Architect (m/f)
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. With its three internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridonic and Zumtobel, and its brands, acdc, Reiss and Zumtobel Group Services the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive range of products and services.
Are you a PASSIONATE Software Architect looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answer to the questions is yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic is recruiting for a Software Architect (m/f) to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. The Centre of Competence will enable the company to react to current market trends towards Smart Lighting, Connected Solutions and IoT. While the lighting industry is facing a digital transformation and a very competitive market environment, software-oriented services and solutions are gaining more importance. Tridonic will invest in this fast growing business area in order to continue producing innovative and technological superior products and solutions.
You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology. This is an exciting time to be joining the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
The Software Centre will employ 25 software engineers within the current financial year, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years.
As a Software Architect on the Tridonic IoT team, you will be responsible for software architecture for a world-class IoT platform which will allow our customers to easily manage their lighting and “beyond lighting” devices. You will analyze the existing connecDIM platform and utilize key learnings as you design the next generation net4more IoT platform.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for designing a highly scalable cloud micro-services architecture supporting millions of connected devices
- Develop and own the specification for a consistent and easy to use REST APIs for 3rd party application developers
- Ensure all design and implementation will meet overall project objectives and requirements
- Provide effort estimates for new product requirements
- Work closely with the system architect, DevOps and operations to ensure the overall platform architecture continually improves to support the scalability, availability and reliability needed as our customer base grows
- Lead the adoption of best-in-class software development practices, frameworks and tools
- Initiate software design reviews, conduct peer code reviews and provide feedback to developers
You should have a Bachelors Degree in computer science or a related field. You will have experience in micro-services architecture and design principles. You will have expertise in data security, authentication and authorization with experience of designing and documenting REST APIs with tools like Swagger. You will also have experience of Java EE server development, SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Crate.io, Cassandra) and be familiar with iOS and Android mobile development.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact – and build the career you’re proud of.