Senior Software Developer (m/f)
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. With its three internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridonic and Zumtobel, and its brands, acdc, Reiss and Zumtobel Group Services the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive range of products and services.
Are you a PASSIONATE Senior Software Developer looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFROMANCE? If the answer to the questions are yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic are recruiting for a Senior Software Developer to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of high quality embedded software for our emergency lighting products.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- You will be working at the forefront of IoT innovations, developing software for embedded devices in the area of emergency lighting
- Your passion is to explore the uncharted Internet of Light business being part of the R&D team.
- Your contribution is the design & implementation of functional and non-functional requirements within an agile team in cooperation with our external partners.
- You design and develop high quality software, using modern concepts, (e.g. Stateless Protocols, Event Driven Programming, and Resilience Engineering) into a Continuous Deployment Pipeline.
- You will support and further develop applications part of the installed base
- You will collaborate closely with globally distributed development teams, internal project sponsors and product support / operations.
- You will participate in the entire software development process
- Stable, legible, high-quality code (clean code) is important to you. Therefor you will apply, and continuously improve, methods of modern software design (e.g. code styling, code reviews, continuous integration, TDD / BDD) which are part of your vision of an ideal development environment
- You should have a Technical education (college or university) in computer science, electrical engineering or a similar subject.
- You will be experienced in software development with a very good knowledge of OOAD (Object Oriented Analysis and Design) principles and the programming languages: C++ as well as being proficient in developing SW to run on devices with limited resources.
- You should have a good track record in working in a embedded OS / Linux environmnet.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact – and build the career you’re proud of.