Project Manager (m/f) of the CoC Software
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. With its three internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridonic and Zumtobel, and its brands, acdc, Reiss and Zumtobel Group Services the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive range of products and services.
Are you a PASSIONATE Project Manager looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFROMANCE? If the answer to the questions are yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic are recruiting for a Project Manager to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. The Centre of Competence will enable the company to react to current market trends towards Smart Lighting, Connected Solutions and IoT. While the lighting industry is facing a digital transformation and a very competitive market environment, software-oriented services and solutions are gaining more importance. Tridonic will invest in this fast growing business area in order to continue producing innovative and technological superior products and solutions You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology. This is an exciting time to be joining the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
The Software Centre will employ 25 software engineers within the current financial year, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years.
As Project Manager of the CoC Software on the Tridonic team, you will be responsible for executing projects in an agile environment, promoting and supporting agile methods. You will build the Porto Software Center of Competence identity and culture by providing leadership and expertise in order to ensure optimum performance levels and the realization of an effective development process.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Manage multiple concurrent software development projects
- Provide guidance on the use of the agile / scrum best practices to establish self –organized and high-performing teams
- Build strong communication channels with stakeholders, relevant departments and cross-functional teams in order to facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution and to identify and remove impediments
- Support the product owner in maintaining the product backlog to ensure that the work is well understood so that the team can continually make progress
- Execute and maintain project management processes in an agile environment
- Contribute to continuous improvement of project management methodologies
- Corrdinate project planning, resourcing, staffing and monitor progress and performance against the project plan
- You will have a Master Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- You will have experience in an agile project environment, e.g. in a scrum master role.
- You will have expertise in working with multiple SM, PO and PM to align overall sprint planning, sprint reviews and sprint approvals.
- You will also have a strong understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Besides, you will display a thorough understanding of agile project management principles, being familiar with agile delivery concepts and roles, including Scrum, SAFe, PMPO, RTE.
- Finally, you are a self-starter, able to work well in undefined environments and you have the skills to follow up and through with action items and dependencies.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact – and build the career you’re proud of.