Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer
As part of the Zumtobel Group, Zumtobel stands for holistic lighting solutions that above all
enhance people’s wellbeing. The brand’s products unite award winning design with thoughtful integration
into the architectural setting. As an innovation leader, Zumtobel offers an exceptional range of premium
luminaires and lighting control systems across the full range of applications.
- Manufacturing Engineer (MfgE) is responsible to develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods to implement and maintain optimized, organized production process flow, process control and product management. Continuous focus on the design and operation of integrated end-to-end systems being used or identified for the production of high-quality, economically competitive products. These systems may include computer networks, robots, machine tools, materials-handling equipment and labour intensive manual operations. Main duties would also include designing manufacturing processes to reduce costs and improve product quality, develop the best assignment of machines and equipment to various manufacturing cells to optimize work flow, including implementation of cost-effective material handling and facility layout alternative for our Zumtobel Group company products and processes.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting detailed analysis; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes. To develop, implement, monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow, for assembly products (PFMEA).
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements. Improve continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency, cost savings and investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests. Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target.
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions and workmanship standards and process procedures. Develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed.
- Document work done & results achieved. Develop & update standards as changes are made. Preparing clear & concise schedules, plans, milestones, resource needs and manage all the process continuous improvement activities aiming at assuring project accuracy, clear definition of scope and outcome of project benefits expected, aligned to our business or customer needs.
- Focused areas for reducing tooling costs, manufacturing costs and improving the flow of material and setting up cycle times. Understanding and provide cost estimates for chosen improvement projects, products and processes, using cost model and structure templates. Plan and achieve department budget objectives for expense and capital items.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service where applicable from Maintenance teams and or OEM supplier of customized equipment/machines
- Maintains Master Data information feed to coordinator, ensuring system integrity and accuracy for products and processes. Liaise with Master Process & Data Coordinator, Production Planner/Scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians and Operators. Maintains product and company reputation by complying with safety, quality and product regulations.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the current state to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools & concepts to improve the flow of information & material, organize, implement & maintain production process flow.
- Develop work instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed. Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing. (i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions). Provide manufacturing data. (i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target.
- Work with design engineering on DFX (design for excellence) to include
- Design for cost
- Design for test
- Design for manufacturability
- Design for assembly
- Including identifying all CTFs (Critical to Function), CTM (Critical to Manufacturing), and CTP’s (Critical to Product).
- Minimum University degree, preferred Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years + experience in Sheet Metal / Fabrication manufacturing industry, preferably in Serbia and with international business experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience of process engineering in sheet metal, fabrication, mechanical assembly operations, excellent knowledge of end-to-end process flow of Mechanical manufacturing operations, Punching, Laser, Roll Forming, Bending, Machining, Milling, Welding, powder coat painting and assembly.
- Strong knowledge of both Process Engineering & Industrial Engineering methodologies.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and method of forming sheet metal products. Develop solid models and detailed prints using the latest version of AutoCAD/SolidEdge/Solidworks CAD software.
- Excellent ability in machine efficiency and capability monitoring (Operative knowledge on Machine, tools and production system’s maintenance and related management).
- Ability to manage and motivate people.
- Language skills (fluent in written and spoken English).