Senior Embedded Software Developer (m/f)
PT, Vila Nova de Gaia
Tridonic, the Zumtobel Group's technology company, is a leading global player in the field of lighting technology that produces innovative hardware and software for smart and connected lighting systems.
Are you a PASSIONATE Embedded Software Developer looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic Portugal, part of the Zumtobel Group, is currently recruiting for a Embedded Software Developer to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal. Opened in January 2019, the Software Centre currently employs 27 software engineers, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years. You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who takes pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology. This is an exciting time to join the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
As an Embedded Software Developer on the Tridonic IoT team, you will be responsible for
the design and implementation of high quality embedded software for our IoT lighting products.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Your passion is to explore the uncharted Internet of Light business being part of the R&D team
- You design and develop high quality software, using modern concepts (e.g. Stateless Protocols, Event Driven Programming, and Resilience Engineering) into a Continuous Deployment Pipeline
- You will support and further develop applications part of the installed base, until series-production readiness
- You will provide technical support during prepilot and pilot series.
- You will contribute to the design & implementation of functional and non-functional requirements within an agile team in cooperation with our external partners
- Stable, legible, high-quality code (clean code) is important to you. Therefore you will apply, and continuously improve, methods of modern software design (e.g. code styling, code reviews, continuous integration, TDD / BDD) which are part of your vision of an ideal development environment
To be successful in this role, you are an
engineer in computer sciences with knowledge in electronics or electronic engineer with experience in software engineering.
You have experience in embedded software development (C, C++), and knowledge in object oriented programming, in RTOS (eg. mBed, Contiki or similar), in SW architecture and design including UML and in control technics and bus systems.
You have basic knowledge of communication technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, 6LowPan, Coap, IPv6, Bluetooth, Zigbee, …) and understanding of analogue electronics.
On a personal level, you are inspired by cross-cultural collaboration within a globally distributed development team, and are comfortable using English as a working language. You have the ability to drive and implement change effectively and you enjoy sharing your know-how and experience. You are a pragmatic individual and a solution finder with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and the ability to work independently and take on responsibility.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You’ll be joining a great team with the freedom to make an impact - and build the career you’re proud of.