Connected Solutions Key Account Manager - London
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, Zumtobel, Thorn and Tridonic, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
Are you a natural relationship builder with a technical flair for Lighting Systems and Central Battery Solutions – someone who enjoys making new connections and has a genuine desire to help others be successful? Are you experienced in account management and business development, ready for the next challenge and excited by the prospect of building a successful career with a leading global brand in the cutting-edge lighting, LED and smart building sector?
Zumtobel Group (brands include Thorn, acdc and Zumtobel) are recruiting for a Systems Specialist to cover London. You will provide lighting systems advice and guidance to both internal colleagues and external customers helping us to develop an existing and new client base and grow the specification & trade sales channels.
Working within the connected solutions team your remit will include:
- Promote the current systems offer internally to colleagues and externally to our clients.
- Perform joint visits with the Key Account Managers (KAM) to identify and secure Systems business
- Carry out unaccompanied visits to clients to educate them on our current offer and to secure systems business.
- Assist clients in writing specifications as required and design (and quote) appropriate systems – taking information from project drawings and specifications.
- Promote the Group’s lighting product basket and include the appropriate KAM to assist in winning lighting sales
- Promote and participate client educational trip to all of our factories and showrooms in the UK and Europe
- Offer technical guidance and consultation into Systems projects through the design, quote, tender and procurement periods
- Meet and exceed all administrative requirements as required to ensure success in the role (Updating CRM tool, completing expenses etc.)
Candidates should have an understanding of DALI/DSI/Bacnet/OPC/Ethernet networks/Building Energy Management Systems with knowledge and evidence of specification based sales. You should have an understanding of central battery systems and have a basic understanding of electrical systems and installation methods. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in previous roles as well as developing strong relationships with both clients and peers and have a hunger for developing yourself, with evidence of progression in previous organisations.