Product Manager - Outdoor
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, Zumtobel, Thorn and Tridonic, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
We have a great opportunity in our product management team to join us as a commercial Nordic Regional Product Manager – Outdoor.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Defining the Nordic Outdoor Product Portfolio. Taking responsibility for the overall management of product mix, gap analysis, lifecycle management & quality monitoring in conjunction with Global PM and Head of Marketing & Product Management.
- Proactively drive the improvements of the existing product portfolio. Ensure the product mix aligns with the sales and marketing plan for the Nordics and allows the salesperson to provide a turnkey solution for the target segments.
- Build up specific knowledge on lighting applications as basis for product innovation and development.
- Conducting ‘voice of the customer’ & ‘voice of the business’ to understand market drivers and opportunities to define the product specification & sales characteristics required to enable us to achieve profitable growth
- Regularly managing and analysing the feedback given from sales and the relevant Commercial Manager of current market prices to identify the target average net selling price for the products in the portfolio, to develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the Sales Directors.
- Managing the launch window process for all products in the Outdoor portfolio to provide an on-time product launch across the Nordic region and to provide training to the internal & external sales teams.
- Responsibility of execution and deployment of the outdoor marketing activities such as local events / relationship building activities, including participation in client meetings, where appropriate.
We are looking for a commercially driven, customer oriented candidate who takes ownership. Prior experience of using analytical skills to collate feedback, interpret data and develop strategy is required, along with the ability to deal with numerous tasks of changing priority and levels.
We expect a true dedication for the product portfolio and a genuine, technical interest to make your portfolio a success. Your passion is to tell the story behind the product.
To succeed in this role, you need to have a high market understanding and enjoy working closely with our sales teams, customers as well as internal teams. You are a purposeful professional with strong individual drive to create results. You are a true team player, trustworthy and committed to success.
Fluent in one Nordic language and in English, written and verbal, is required. Travel domestic and international is expected.