Python Developer (m/f/x)
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, Zumtobel, Thorn and Tridonic, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
LEDs, leased lighting solutions, the Internet of Things: our industry and the Zumtobel Group are changing rapidly. We in IT play a central role, ensuring optimum workflows in a fast-moving environment. We take existing business processes to the next level and, where necessary, we also subject everything to a total rethink, from the supply chain through to financing.
Our IT-Team: Consolidated expertise in an informal setting
We currently have about 160 colleagues in Corporate IT who are responsible for process management, IT applications and IT infrastructure. In specialised subgroups, we optimize the Zumtobel Group on base of modern SAP systems. It’s a very informal setup: we are on first-name terms and – most importantly – we provide mutual support. Newcomers always appreciate that. We work in light-infused open-plan offices in an architectural gem of a building with a fantastic roof terrace that has hosted many barbecues.
Support for the IT team
The Zumtobel Group is making itself fit for the future and has launched a comprehensive digitization strategy. We are modernizing our processes and IT systems from the ground up. We are looking for support for our international agile project team.
- You will independently implement and improve internal and external technical solutions.
- In collaboration with Sales and Marketing, you will implement new projects and assist in finding and fixing technical issues.
- You identify user needs, documentation requirements and implement appropriate system requirement specifications.
- You will take care of the development of automated tests, CI pipelines and improvement of developer tools.
- In addition, you will participate in the development of business requirements.
Create the digital future
- You have completed training or studies in computer science, business informatics or similar.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software design and development with Python, GIT, web frameworks (Django, Flask and/or Fastapi) and object-oriented software development
- You have a strong understanding of digital issues and their specifics.
- You have relevant experience in the areas of web development, REST apis and agile software development.
- Additional knowledge in CI (GitlabCI), Linux servers (RHEL), Docker and Ansible is a plus.
- You have the ambition to become an expert in the technologies used and are interested in new technologies, frameworks and approaches.
- Good test coverage and comprehensive documentation are important to you.
- Good German and English skills to communicate in an international environment are no problem for you.
What we offer: Premier league of the profession plus maximum quality of life
- Five brands in 90 countries, production facilities all over the world, a workforce of just under 5,900 people, an industry in the throes of change: all the ingredients for intriguing and complex tasks.
- A location where children can grow up in safety and where the nearest ski slope and the beach at Lake Constance are only 20 minutes away: a great quality of life awaits you and your family.
- Flexible hours and working from home: to ensure that your family and your leisure interests are not neglected, you mostly decide for yourself when and where you work.
- Business trips kept within reasonable limits: most of us are out and about for between two and six weeks per year. If you want to travel more, that option is obviously open to you.
Does this sound like the sort of job you would like to do? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
Legally binding notice: Based on the minimum salary stipulated in the collective agreement of € 52.184,02/p.a. (for a 38,50-hour working week), the actual salary for this position is based on professional qualifications and experience.