Chalfont St Peter or Spennymoor
The Zumtobel Group is an international lighting group and a leading supplier of innovative lighting solutions, lighting components and associated services. With its core brands, Zumtobel, Thorn and Tridonic, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive portfolio of products and services.
Zumtobel Group are recruiting for an Application Manager (Indoor) to join us in our Chalfont St Peter or Spennymoor office. Reporting into a Global Head of Application the role helps to strategically develop Application Fields across a number of verticals (Retail, Health & Care, Office and Industry) to build market relevant offerings in order to support growth for luminaires, connectivity- and control solutions Emergency Lighting systems as well as Digital Solutions up to LaaS (Light as a Service) business in order to reach defined profitable sales growth targets.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Build / update together with the Head of Application (HoA) the mid-term application growth strategy and business plan – identifying the key success factors & measures in the 3 main areas (solutions portfolio, marketing, sales)
- Proactive Business Development: Build client/influencer base (acquisition strategy/support & Share of Wallet increases). Identify & exploit untapped potentials in regions/channels/sub-segments.
- Identify / develop potential strategic partnerships which support targets
- Actively strengthen/expand overall application network (internal & external)
- Support Sales with knowledge / enquiries / pitching to key clients
- Trend research at macro- and solution-level. Curated input from secondary sources but also selected primary research (Studies, Proof-of-Concepts etc)
- Identify potential innovation arenas (via trend research, VoC, unsolved problems, insight generation activities)
- Build up clear value-propositions & benefit stories around the application / sub-applications and the solution packages offered to the market
- Cluster the solution packages according to strategy target areas (prioritized / focussed per growth potentials) & build into roadmap accordingly
We are looking for……
If you are excited by the prospect of building a successful career with leading global brands in the cutting-edge lighting industry with an enviable and growing product portfolio in a genuine work environment with bright and humble people, than please apply below.
- University degree in economics, engineering, marketing or business administration, MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of professional experience in B2B markets, preferably in lighting industry, prior relevant professional experience in sales, marketing, product management, business development is beneficial
- Lighting design skills and application knowledge in related areas
- Self-driven, results-oriented & entrepreneurial mindset